7th INNOVATION IDEAS UNLEASHED CONTEST (I2U – 2013)
In order to foster a spirit of innovation and to promote creative R & D activities among our students, the R & D wing of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) of AJCE “Amal Jyothi Scholars’ Community for Inspiring Innovation (ASCII)” is conducting a contest for innovative project ideas. The contest is similar to the ones held in the past six years and is open to all AJCE students, including M.Tech and MCA students.
Students may form small project teams (comprising of 2-3 students and one faculty member as mentor) and submit their ideas in the form of a brief project proposal. Up to twelve of the best project proposals, selected by a panel of judges, will be provided financial assistance from the college towards implementation, to the tune of Rs. 20,000 per project. Further, five of these projects which show the greatest potential will be supported by IEDC for further development to the tune of Rs. 1 lakh per project, subject to approval from NSTEDB.
Please submit your completed proposals in the prescribed format to Mr. Shiju George , ASCII-I²U Coordinator, Information Technology Dept., or Mr. Sherin Sam Jose, IEDC- Coordinator, Automobile Engineering Dept., on or before 15th February 2013. The projects selected for awards will be announced during early March 2013. Six months time will be provided for the complete implementation of the projects. All students are encouraged to actively participate in the contest.
Rules & Regulations for I2 U 2013 Contest
- Each team should have a student leader and a staff mentor apart from up to 2 additional student members.
- The team members may be drawn from different departments and semesters as many projects may require multi-disciplinary skills for successful implementation.
- A panel of judges constituted by the college will evaluate the project proposals based on their innovativeness, thoroughness of presentation, engineering content, cost effectiveness, perceived impact of the end product etc., and recommend up to twelve projects for the award.
- Selected projects will receive AJCE R&D funding for implementation (up to Rs. 20000 per project). Five of the best projects will receive IEDC funding of Rs. 1 lakh each, which includes a remuneration of Rs. 40000 for the project team.
- The team leader along with the members under the guidance of the staff mentor will strive to successfully implement the project and demonstrate it before 13th September 2013
- Periodic progress reports will be submitted by the teams receiving funding support, on the status of their project, to the concerned HOD, through the staff mentor.
- Funds for implementation will be released to the Mentor’s department. Proper accounts have to be maintained and submitted to the IEDC office.
- Access to the Online Submission of Application is till 1st February 2013.
- Last Date for the receipt of duly forwarded proposal by HOD & Mentor should reach the Coordinators on or before 15th February 2013.
- Prof. Shiju George, AP-IT Dept. (ASCII-I²U)
- Prof. Sherin Sam Jose AP- AuE Dept. (IEDC)