CEC consists of a team of highly motivated and experienced faculty who have proven track record in the IT industry and academia. Two student representatives are selected from each class of CSE. It is this team, which co-ordinates all the placement and entrepreneurship development activities of the department.
Development of problem solving skills, communication and behavioural skills, technical and domain skills are the major areas of concentration.
Soft skills is a term often associated with a person's "EQ" (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, and optimism that characterize relationships with other people.
Soft skills complement hard skills which are the occupational requirements of a job and many other activities. They are related to feelings, emotions, insights and an 'inner knowing': i.e. they provide an important complement to 'hard skills' and IQ.
Soft skills are personal attributes that enhance an individual's interactions, job performance and career prospects. Unlike hard skills, which are about a person's skill set and ability to perform a certain type of task or activity, soft skills relate to a person's ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers and are broadly applicable both in and outside the workplace. The below mentioned soft skills are of great importance even for the interview and for the career of a student.
- Acting as a team player means not only being cooperative, but also displaying strong leadership skills when necessary
- Flexibility is a valuable asset - employees who can adapt to any situation are dependable no matter what's thrown at them
- Effective communication is paramount, and includes articulating oneself well, being a good listener and using appropriate body language
- Problem-solving skills and resourcefulness are critical when unexpected issues inevitably arise
- Accepting feedback and applying lessons learned fosters professional growth
- Confidence is key, but it's important to always have the knowledge and skills to support self-assurance
- Creative thinking is invaluable and drives innovation and increased efficiency CEC gives great importance to soft skill development and concentrates on the overall betterment of the student.
CEC give great importance to soft skill development and concentrates on the overall betterment of the student.
- Intensive training in soft skills, quantitative aptitude, Group Discussion (GD) and Technical Round (TR), Management Round (MR), Behavioural Round (BR) and Human Resource (HR) Interview.
- Model Aptitude tests, Mock Group Discussions & Mock Interviews are arranged on regular basis to equip the students for the Recruitment process
- Workshops and training sessions are arranged on latest technologies to make the students 'Plug & Play' in the software industry.
- Organize sessions from invited industry experts, there by students can interact with successful professionals from top MNCs.
Entrepreneurship DevelopmentOur students are not mere job seekers. They are job providers!!!
In association with start-up village Kochi, a few of our students have started IT companies under our mentorship. They got the opportunity to work and earn while they study. We have a beautiful incubation center that can accommodate 32 IT startups. We are providing the facilities like 40 Mbps connectivity, Air-conditioned, fully furnished, carpeted cabin space, furniture, conference room etc. It is completely free of cost to our young entrepreneurs
- CEC motivatesand mentorsStart-up initiatives by our students to a large
|Mr. G Krishnalal, Asst. Professor (Co-ordinator)|
|Ms. Sharon Sunny, Asst. Professor|